Hybrid Onsite/Offshore Resources
The “hybrid model” is a methodology involving utilizing onsite and offshore resources to complete a project. The onsite team, typically consisting of middle management and senior developers, handles the project’s logistics and management, while the offshore team, typically consisting of developers, handles the actual work. Software Team Pro specializes in this, with almost 10,000 hours on Upwork.com directing teams and managing the enormous development scope with the hybrid methodology.
- Assess current resources and identify areas where the ratio of engineers to code development can be improved.
- Develop a plan to redistribute responsibilities within the onsite team to allow for more middle management and senior developer roles.
- Identify and contract with a reputable offshore development team to handle the actual code development work.
- Establish clear communication channels and protocols between the onsite and offshore teams to ensure smooth collaboration.
- Implement regular check-ins and progress reviews to ensure that the project is on track and that any issues are addressed on time.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the hybrid model and make adjustments as necessary to ensure that it is providing the best possible return on investment for the company.
- Redeveloping the resources-to-code development ratio can help save revenue by reducing the need for layoffs during tough times.
- Utilizing an offshore team can also help to lower costs and increase efficiency.
- By redistributing responsibilities within the onsite team, the company can grow its engineers to lead more middle-to-leadership roles.
Note: The hybrid model can have challenges such as time zone and cultural differences, language barriers, and communication issues. Having a clear plan to mitigate these challenges and ensure the project’s success is essential.
Software Team Pro has extensive experience managing these challenges and delivering successful projects. Contact us today, and let’s discuss what we can do to increase your resources.